Healthcare Assistant: There are a variety of places a Healthcare Assistant can work with patients including hospitals, residential units or in the patient’s home. The main duties of a healthcare assistant are to support a patient’s day to day personal care such as washing, dressing and assistance with drinking and eating at meal times. Healthcare Assistants usually work alongside Nurses and are supervised and given guidance from Nurses.
Healthcare Assistant CV Example
Mobile / Email
A caring, friendly and approachable Healthcare Assistant with 5 years experience on a hospital ward and residential unit for adults with learning disabilities. Trained and experienced in providing excellent personal care with respect, understanding and by maintaining dignity at all time. Has a great deal of tact and sensitivity in approach to working with people that require support and help in their day to day care.
Company Name: XXX Date to Date (or To Date) Healthcare Assistant
Responsible for providing support and help to the patients on Charity Ward at the Princess Diana Hospital. Responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and tidiness of the ward at all time.
- Helping and supporting the patients with their personal care routines (washing and dressing)
- Preparing and serving meals and assisting those patients that need additional help with drinking and eating
- Domestic duties including, changing and making beds, laundry, ironing and cleaning etc.
- Keeping detailed and daily records on the patient’s care plan (behaviour, moods, medication, incidents etc.)
- Taking and recording observations such as temperature, pulse and breathing – applicable if based on a hospital ward
- Accountable for keeping suppliers, medication and equipment in order and in compliance with hospital procedures
School Name: GCSEs or equivalent Maths, English Language & Literature, Health & Social Care, Science and Psychology.
College Name: NVQ Diploma in Health & Social Care level 2 & 3
Clinical hygiene – (Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support or Healthcare Support & Services Level 3)
Health & Safety
Safe Lifting and moving of patients – Manual Handling skills
Caring attitude and approachable nature
Understanding, respectful and patient approach to working with people
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work efficiently in a busy and pressurised environment
Flexible and adaptable approach to working various shift patterns
Ability to take instructions and follow procedures