1st Line Support Engineer: Typically a 1st Line Support Engineer will be working on a Helpdesk taking calls from users and clients in the business. The 1st Line Support Engineers will attempt to resolve any IT related issues or be responsible for creating new user accounts in Office and Active Directory. If they are unable to resolve or manage the query or problem it is usually escalated to the next level 2nd and 3rd Line Support Technician’s.
1st Line Support Engineer CV Example
Mobile / Email
A practical and hands-on IT professional with 2 years of 1st line support working in a corporate environment. An enthusiastic and self-driven individual with experience of trouble shooting, route cause analysis and new account administration. A highly ambitious professional seeking an opportunity to develop IT knowledge and progress to 2nd and 3rd line support.
Company Name: XXX Date to Date (or To Date) 1st Line Support Engineer
Providing 1st line support and resolution to the clients for all IT related issues by answering helpdesk calls and emails. Responsible for the creation, set up and administration of all new accounts.
- Responsible for answering helpdesk queries via the telephone or the shared email
- Resolving queries on the call where possible or escalate according to the issue or change request
- Accountable for resolving both hardware and software issues
- Tracking, recording and monitoring the helpdesk calls to ensure service levels agreements are met
- Document all software and hardware faults with resolutions
- Diagnosing, fault finding and resolving IT issues using the remote control software tool
- Responsible for setting up new accounts and administrating Microsoft Exchange email account
School Name: GCSEs or equivalent: Maths, English Language & Literature, Design & Technology, Science and ICT Computing.
College Name: A levels: Computing, Electronics and Business Studies.
University Name: BSc (Hons) Computing Science
Windows Platforms – Windows 7, 8, Server 2008, 2012, Office 365
VPN, Skype, RDP & Citrix
Mobile Devices, iPhone, iPad, Printers, Laptops, PCs
Excellent customer focused
Self-starter and results driven approach
Excellent problem solving and route cause analysis skills
Ability to communicate and build rapport with clients
Good telephone manner and excellent interpersonal skills
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?