If you are looking to make a positive difference and contribution in the community and enjoy liaising and working with families then becoming a social workercould be a good career choice. An example CV is below for you to use as a guide:
CV Example: Social Worker<
I am a very kind and caring person by nature and I believe that this helps me to be successful in my chosen career as a Social Worker.
I am very organized and pay great attention to detail. I am an excellent communicator and I believe that I build up relationships well with a variety of different people from different backgrounds and am able to keep detailed records which is essential for this role.
I am very flexible and motivated and I am keen to learn everything I can to ensure that I am successful in my career. I am confidential by nature and ensure that I work to very strict guidelines. I am able to travel as part of my role and want to be as flexible as I can to ensure that my areas performs well.
Date to Date or To Date – Social Worker – Where?
In my role as a Social Worker, I work closely with parents and children in sometimes very uncertain situations. My day to day responsibilities include:
- Assessing and reviewing a client’s situation by visiting and reading through any reports, correspondence etc
- ensuring that I provide protection to adults and/or children from harm etc
- Relationship building with service users and their families
- Responding to requests for help
- Agreeing what practical support someone needs (or making decisions for them when necessary, such as in child protection cases)
- Offering information, counselling and advocacy services
- Organising and managing support plans that have been put in place
- Taking part in team meetings and case conferences, attending family supervision meetings
- Keeping accurate and detailed records and written reports
- Giving evidence/acting as a witness at court hearings as necessary
Degree in Social Work – name of Uni, course details, result etc
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel??? – Think about the records you will be keeping and how this will be done, using a computer and/or manually. You must create an excellent CV and take reference from our support worker CV examples to figure out what to include.
Any specific training related to a career in social work?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?