If you are interested in designing building things then this could be the right job for you. As a Civil Engineer, you would plan, design and manage construction projects. To do this role you will need to be qualified to degree level in Civil Engineering and have a good level of IT and Maths skills and be able to explain technical designs to non-technical people.
If you are looking to update your CV and want some information as a guide please see below:
CV Example: Civil Engineer
I am a very organized person who enjoys making sure that jobs get done in a timely and efficient manner. I enjoy working in a busy office environment making sure that the office runs effectively and the work gets completed on time.
I am an excellent communicator and have had the experience dealing with people up to the Senior Management level. On occasion, I have been required to take minutes for board meetings which require great detail and accuracy.
I am self motivated and spend a great deal of time working on projects on my own initiative, however, I also work as part of a bigger team and I enjoy the balance of this. I can plan my time effectively and like to manage my list of tasks ensuring that each job gets completed on time.
Date to Date or To Date – Civil Engineer – Where?
In my role as a Civil Engineer, I am responsible for planning, designing and managing various projects. On a day to day basis, my responsibilities include:
- Discussing planning requirements with the client and colleagues to get the right plan
- CAD (computer aided design) drawings
- Making a judgement on whether certain projects are feasible by looking at costs, time and labour requirements of the project
- Looking at the environmental impact and risks connected to projects and whether they are possible
- Working on bids for Tender agreements, and reporting to clients, public agencies and planning organisations and every detail
- Managing the whole project from beginning to end at each stage
- Ensuring that sites meet legal guidelines, and health and safety requirements in accordance with the company’s policies.
School, College, University – any qualification details and where.
Degree qualification – Civil Engineering
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel???
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- Energy Consultant CV Example - April 8, 2023
- Energy Advisor Cover Letter Example - April 8, 2023
- Electrician CV Examples and Templates: Learn The Tips - February 27, 2023