If you are interested in designing building things then this could be the right job for you. As a Civil Engineer, you would plan, design and manage construction projects. To do this role you will need to be qualified to degree level in Civil Engineering and have a good level of IT and Maths skills and be able to explain technical designs to non-technical people.
If you are looking to update your CV and want some information as a guide please see below:
CV Example: Civil Engineer
I am a very organized person who enjoys making sure that jobs get done in a timely and efficient manner. I enjoy working in a busy office environment making sure that the office runs effectively and the work gets completed on time.
I am an excellent communicator and have had the experience dealing with people up to the Senior Management level. On occasion, I have been required to take minutes for board meetings which require great detail and accuracy.
I am self motivated and spend a great deal of time working on projects on my own initiative, however, I also work as part of a bigger team and I enjoy the balance of this. I can plan my time effectively and like to manage my list of tasks ensuring that each job gets completed on time.
Date to Date or To Date – Civil Engineer – Where?
In my role as a Civil Engineer, I am responsible for planning, designing and managing various projects. On a day to day basis, my responsibilities include:
- Discussing planning requirements with the client and colleagues to get the right plan
- CAD (computer aided design) drawings
- Making a judgement on whether certain projects are feasible by looking at costs, time and labour requirements of the project
- Looking at the environmental impact and risks connected to projects and whether they are possible
- Working on bids for Tender agreements, and reporting to clients, public agencies and planning organisations and every detail
- Managing the whole project from beginning to end at each stage
- Ensuring that sites meet legal guidelines, and health and safety requirements in accordance with the company’s policies.
School, College, University – any qualification details and where.
Degree qualification – Civil Engineering
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel???
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.