Quantity Surveyor: Responsible for all cost related calculations and figures for building and civil engineering projects. They are responsible for working to regulations, preparing tenders and managing contracts. A quantity surveyor may work on a number of sites, housing, industrial, retail or commercial developments or road, rail and waterways.
Quantity Surveyor CV Example
Mobile / Email
A highly motivated and driven Quantity Surveyor with a successful record of delivering large building and civil engineering projects. Has demonstrated the ability to communicate and manage effectively stakeholders, developers, contractors and suppliers to ensure the projects run efficiently, within budget and time. A highly ethical individual who takes pride in minimising costs and enhancing value for money at the same time achieving the highest standards and quality.
Company Name: XXX Date to Date (or To Date) Quantity Surveyor
Responsible for managing multiple building and civil engineering projects including new buildings, refurbishments, house extensions and environmental projects.
- Responsible for cost analysis and control – conducting feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs
- Management of all contracts, contractors and suppliers
- Attending all project meetings and ensuring all stakeholders are kept up to date, informed of project progression and any issues
- Performing risk and value management
- Responsible for report writing (monthly cost and value reports, quarterly reports and cash flow information) and project tracking
- Taking complete responsibility for tender and contract documentation
- Providing advice, education and guidance to all stakeholders involved or impacted by the projects, proposals, reviews and updates
School Name: Maths, English Language & literature, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
College Name: Diploma in Surveying or Construction
University Name: BSc Hons – Urban Planning & Development or BSc Hons Civil Engineering
Qualified Chartered Quantity Surveyor
Member of the Royal Institution for Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- An excellent working knowledge of construction methods and materials
- Proven track record of managing budgets and resources
- Excellent project management skills
- A methodical approach to work tasks
- An ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of Health and Safety, Quality and Environment Procedures
- Good working knowledge of NEC, computerised cost capture and value monitoring systems
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?