Income officers usually work for the council in housing departments ensuring that people pay their rent on time and are not in financial arrears. To be an income officer you will need to be CRB checked and have a clean driving licence. You will be required to check that rents are being paid for and that people’s financial checks have been done. This will require a great deal of customer contact as you will be driving to places of residence to assess. You will also be required to help people who are unable to pay their rents and provide assistance where in line with procedures.
If you have found a role in which you would like to apply for, please see the below CV that you can use as an example:
Related: Income Officer Cover Letter
Income Officer CV Example
I am an organized person who enjoys working in the field meeting different people. I am used to travelling a great deal and working on my own initiative and I like this.
I am self motivated and dedicated to my role. I like to do further training as I can to ensure that I know as much as there is to as procedures change and I need to be able to implement these and explain them in a non technical manner.
I am a very enthusiastic person who enjoys doing different things and having new challenges. I am a conscientious worker and like to ensure that I get all my jobs done accurately each day.
Date to Date or To Date – Income Officers – Where?
In my role as an Income Officer, I ensure that rents are paid on time and any issues are dealt with effectively. My responsibilities include:
- Visiting tenants and collecting rents on a weekly basis
- Speaking to tenants and escalating any problems with the property
- Dealing with any late payments and tenants change of circumstances
- Providing advice on payments and any changes that are made to rental agreements etc
- General admin and keeping on top of paperwork and ensuring tenant files are always accurate and up to date
- Ensuring my registration details and CRB check are up to date and with me at all times for proof.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel??? Anything government systems or packages that are in house or otherwise.
Any direct government training?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.