If you are looking to be a HR generalist and have seen a role in which you want to apply for and are looking to update your CV then you will have a strong administrative background with maybe a CIPD qualification.
You will need to have previous HR background dealing with personnel records, disciplinary, interviewing, keeping accurate records such as holidays, sickness, processing maternity/paternity leave etc and providing general HR Advice to managers.
Related: HR Generalist Cover Letter
Please see the below example CV:
HR Generalist CV Example
I am an organized person who loves to solve problems and find answers to problems where other people feel there are none. I am a people person with excellent communication skills and have good supervisory experience.
I like to talk and listen to people and try to help their issues and resolve these as best as I can. I am very accurate and pay great attention to detail in my work. I like to ensure that I do the list of work that I have each day and keep as up to date as possible.
I have excellent time management skills and I am dedicated to my role and would like to progress further and do my CIPD qualification to enable me to be the best I possibly can be in the field of HR.
Date to Date or To Date – HR Generalist – Where?
In my role of HR Generalist, I provide advice to Line Managers on personnel issues and deal with anything personnel related on a day to day basis. My responsibilities include:
- Interviewing candidates on recruitment drives
- Inductions and organizing the induction program
- Taking minutes during disciplinary and appeal hearings and talking managers through processes and procedures
- Tribunal case preparation
- Offer Letters and any other administration related to staff
- Help payroll with holiday, sickness payments etc
- Provide general advice and training to managers
- Working out maternity leave and pay and paternity leave and pay
- Writing and issuing staff contracts and employee handbooks and keeping documentation up to date as legislation changes
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel??? Any in house records packages for employee details?
CIPD qualification? Or working towards or just want to begin?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?