If you are looking to be a HR generalist and have seen a role in which you want to apply for and are looking to update your CV then you will have a strong administrative background with maybe a CIPD qualification.
You will need to have previous HR background dealing with personnel records, disciplinary, interviewing, keeping accurate records such as holidays, sickness, processing maternity/paternity leave etc and providing general HR Advice to managers.
Related: HR Generalist Cover Letter
Please see the below example CV:
HR Generalist CV Example
I am an organized person who loves to solve problems and find answers to problems where other people feel there are none. I am a people person with excellent communication skills and have good supervisory experience.
I like to talk and listen to people and try to help their issues and resolve these as best as I can. I am very accurate and pay great attention to detail in my work. I like to ensure that I do the list of work that I have each day and keep as up to date as possible.
I have excellent time management skills and I am dedicated to my role and would like to progress further and do my CIPD qualification to enable me to be the best I possibly can be in the field of HR.
Date to Date or To Date – HR Generalist – Where?
In my role of HR Generalist, I provide advice to Line Managers on personnel issues and deal with anything personnel related on a day to day basis. My responsibilities include:
- Interviewing candidates on recruitment drives
- Inductions and organizing the induction program
- Taking minutes during disciplinary and appeal hearings and talking managers through processes and procedures
- Tribunal case preparation
- Offer Letters and any other administration related to staff
- Help payroll with holiday, sickness payments etc
- Provide general advice and training to managers
- Working out maternity leave and pay and paternity leave and pay
- Writing and issuing staff contracts and employee handbooks and keeping documentation up to date as legislation changes
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel??? Any in house records packages for employee details?
CIPD qualification? Or working towards or just want to begin?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.