If you are looking to be a pharmacy technician then you will work under the supervision of a qualified pharmacist whilst you are doing training. You will provide support to the pharmacist in terms of doing prescriptions and dealing with medication coming into the chemist.
You need to be very thorough and work in a methodical manner. It would be helpful to have an interest in the sciences and medicine.
If you are looking to update your CV please see the below example:
Pharmacy Technician CV Example
I am an organized individual who has always had a keen interest in Science and looking to train and establish him/herself in a career within pharmaceuticals.
I like to work in a logical and methodical way and pay great attention to detail in everything that I do. I like to read up on new products and make sure I learn as much as I can about new procedures and pharmaceutical information.
I am a hard working person who has good customer service skills. I like to help and provide advice to people who think this is useful and like to get my information correct the first time and to provide advice as required.
I am very confident and self motivated, I like working as part of a team as well as on my own initiative.
Date to Date or To Date – Pharmacy Technician – Where?
In my role of Pharmacy Technician I provide support to the Pharmacist in helping collate the medicine for patients. My responsibilities include:
- Weigh out the ingredients ready for each prescriptions
- Sorting the medicines and selecting the correct medicines to give out
- Ensuring that the prescriptions are accurate and checked appropriately by the pharmacist
- Create labels with the patients name and address and the medicine usage details
- Quality control – Keeping track of stock and re ordering new stock as required
- Keeping the work area clean and tidy and free from dirt as working with medicines
- Provide advice to patients coming in or medicines and advice relating to illness or smoking etc.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – any specific computer skills relating to pharmacies?
Note any relevant training to medicines and drugs and procedures.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?