Financial Assistant: Financial Assistants provide a complete finance service normally working within the Finance Department or Management Accounts Department within a medium to larger company. A typical Financial Assistant is responsible for preparing management accounts, planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, income management, debt management, month end, quarter end and year end preparation of accounts and liaising with internal and external auditors.
Financial Assistant CV Example
Mobile / Email
A professional highly competent Financial Assistant with proven in-depth knowledge and skills in management accounts. An autonomous individual who takes pride in producing accurate and detailed management information packs that add value to the organisations strategic decision making. An ambitious individual with a history of work experience in various corporate environments and able to operate within different cultures.
Company Name: XXX Date to Date (or To Date) Financial Assistant
Providing a comprehensive management accounting service to a designated business unit, ensuring the information in the management packs adds value to forecasting, predicting future trends and efficiently contributes to financial decision making.
- Prepare and process income received remittances and journals
- Accountable for the preparation of month end accruals and prepayment journals
- Responsible for the production of the monthly management accounts, Balance Sheet and cash flow statements
- Analysing the variances and take appropriate action, producing an accurate forecast variance analysis
- Assist with the planning and budgeting process
- Providing support, guidance and training to budget and cost centre owners to ensure they understand the financial information in order to make effective decisions
- Assist allocated budget and cost centre owners with the preparation of their budgets
School Name: GCSEs Maths, English Language & Literature, Economics, Business Studies, Statistics.
College Name: A levels, Mathematics, Accounting, Business Studies (A-B)
University Name: BSc Degree Accounting & Finance 2.1
TRAINING OR CERTIFICATES
Part or Fully Qualified Professional accounting qualification i.e. ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
Excellent numerical and data analysis skills
Ability to communicate complex data and present clearly and concisely
Excellent written communication skills and the ability to prepare and produce management accounts
Competent in report preparation and writing
Ability to prioritise workload and meet challenging fixed deadlines
Proficient in MS Office, including MS Excel with the ability to use Pivot Tables, V & H Look-ups