Book Keeper: Usually a Bookkeeper will provide support to the Accountant and forms part of the wider Finance Team or Department. A bookkeeper can also work independently on a self employed basis working directly with the client providing valuable support to small to medium businesses that don’t have their own accounts department. They are responsible for inputting, recording and reporting on all financial transitions, i.e. receipts, invoices, payments and income etc.
Bookkeeper CV Example
Mobile / Email
A highly competent and professional Bookkeeper with a keen eye for detail and the highest degree of accuracy with a commitment to providing excellent customer service. Has proven experience and skills in providing the full suite of preparing, managing, recording and reporting on all financial transactions, receipts, invoices, payments and income.
Company Name: XXX Date to Date (or To Date) Book Keeper
Provides support to the Senior Accountant, the Accounts Department and the business leaders ensuring all inputting, recording and reporting of financial transactions are managed appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible and accountable for the data entry of all sales invoices, purchase invoices and expense receipts, sales income and purchase payments
- Performs all reconciliation of income and expenses from the bank statements, including petty cash, sales ledger and purchase ledger
- Responsible for managing the suppliers, customers and general ledgers.
- Coordinating trial balances and managing cash flow
- Accountable for completing tax returns and VAT returns
- Maintaining all records, receipts, invoices, payments and all reconciliation
School Name: GCSE’s (or equivalent), Maths, English, Science, Physics, Chemistry.
College Name: A levels (or equivalent) Maths, English Literature, Physics.
University Name: Diploma in Accounting and Business or an Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business or a BSc (Hons) degree in Applied Accounting awarded by Oxford Brookes University
TRAINING & CERTIFICATES
AAT Level 2 Bookkeeping
AAT Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Ethics.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Basic Accountancy Knowledge
Excellent Book keeping knowledge and skills
Proficient in MS Office, Excel and excellent ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets
High Degree of Accuracy and Attention to Detail
Excellent Data Entry Skills and confident with numbers
Ability to work to tight fixed deadlines
Highly organised and able to deal with high workloads