If you are looking to be a Teaching assistant and seeking a new role then you will usually have some previous history of education or working with children and maybe you are training to be a Teacher.
You will need to be very patient as a Teaching assistant, have a good standard of general education and be able to provide support to the teacher you are helping. You will need to be able to relate to children well and provide them with advice and guidance throughout their development.
If you want to update your CV, please see below example which you can use as a guide.
Related: Teaching Assistant Cover Letter
Teaching Assistant CV Example
I am a disciplined Teaching Assistant seeking to continue my career within a Teaching environment. Following my background as a preschool assistant, I have begun my PGCE with a view to being a Teacher in the future.
I have experience of working with Toddlers and Children to the age of 5 and I would like to go onto the next step and provide support for reception class children upwards. I am a very patient person, I can come up with new ideas and ways of working and I feel that I work well with children.
I have got good planning skills and excellent time management. I enjoy planning lessons and activities for children and thinking how to engage them in an activity so that they get the most out of their learning. I firmly believe that it is very important that children get a solid education from a young age and I want to do everything I can to help that.
Date to Date or To Date – Teaching Assistant – Where?
In my role as Teaching Assistant I provide support to the teachers in various subjects. My responsibilities include:
- Preparing the classroom areas for lessons and activities
- Providing support to children who have special needs
- Providing discipline and monitoring behavior in the classroom
- Listening to children read and assessing their level
- Working with the teachers to prepare for lessons such as photocopying work sheets, organizing table groups etc
- Helping with PE and sports activities
- Supporting children on school events and outings
- Keeping the classroom area clean and free from any obstacles
- General admin and observations.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint or any teaching databases? Studying and working towards your PGCE.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.