If you are seeking a Sales Ledger role then you will normally come from an accounting background where you have maybe worked in an accounts department and also have a strong administration background.
You will need to be familiar with how an accounts department works and where sales ledger fits into a company. You will need to be able to communicate well with others internally and externally and also be able to multi task.
If you are looking to update your CV before you apply for a position, please see the below example:
Related: Sales Ledger Cover Letter
Sales Ledger CV Example
I am a methodical person who has a logical mind. I enjoy working on a number of different tasks at once and have always been keen to work with numbers as I have a mathematical mind and I love working in a busy Accounting office.
I am exceptionally organized and thorough in my work, I like to make sure that I have always done what I need to for a day and start a new day with different duties where possible.
I am self motivated and able to work on my own initiative. I have had experience in training other staff on accounting procedures and feel that my communication skills across all levels of personnel is good. I would like to continue enhancing my skills and do some formal accounting qualifications over the years.
Date to Date or To Date – Sales Ledger – Where?
In my role as Sales Ledger, I ensure that any invoice queries are dealt with and that the accounts balance on a daily basis. My responsibilities include:
- Talking to clients and customers about invoices and dates to be paid
- Resolving any issues with invoices
- Issuing credit notes as necessary
- General accounting duties in a busy office, helping colleagues and covering their roles for holiday periods
- Balancing the sales ledger and ensuring that the details are accurate
- Explaining accounting terms to people unfamiliar with these terms
- General administration relating to a busy accounting office
- Providing training to staff learning about accounts
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications – any IT courses, degree or online courses?
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel, Sage or other in house accounting packages?
Any accounting training courses, any industry specific related training courses?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.
Good luck with writing your CV.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- Crafting the Perfect Retail Assistant CV: Stand Out in the Competitive Retail Industry - April 17, 2023
- Sales Cover Letter Examples for Job Applications 2021 - April 13, 2023
- Sales Advisor CV Example - April 13, 2023