If you are seeking work as a Recruitment Consultant then you may have some previous experience within recruitment or a sales environment. As a recruitment consultant you will be required to keep in contact with existing companies who have used their services in the past and also do some business development/cold calling and find new business with recruitment needs.
You will need to be a confident communicator and be happy calling companies and candidates and discussing their recruitment needs and what roles they are looking for with the aim of placing candidates into vacancies that you have.
Related: Recruitment Consultant Cover Letter
If you are looking to update your CV before applying for a role of Recruitment Consultant please see the below example.
Recruitment Consultant CV Example
I am a confident communicator who has a background in sales and customer services. I enjoy working to targets and get a real sense of achievement about exceeding my targets.
I enjoy talking to people and finding out information and feel that I have had a good amount of experience to understand the right and wrong questions to ask. I am very organized, dedicated to my work and thorough in what I want to do.
I am self motivated and enthusiastic; I like to work with others and am able to work on my own initiative also. I am seeking a new challenge and feel that I would succeed within the recruitment industry.
Date to Date or To Date – Recruitment Consultant – Where?
In my role as Recruitment Consultant, I seek new job vacancies from companies and match candidates to those roles. My responsibilities include:
- Cold calling companies to see if they would like help with their recruitment needs
- Looking through the papers and online for research into companies who are recruiting
- Placing adverts and sifting through CV’s
- Updating the database ensuring records are up to date for other consultants
- Interviewing candidates face to face and over the telephone
- Getting the correct documentation from candidates
- Visiting companies for information and to get to know more about them
- General Admin and keeping jobs and candidates organized.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel??? Anything relevant, industry specific packages?
Any specific sales training or recruitment advice?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.