If you are interested in being a Mortgage Adviser then you may have previously had a financial background, customer service or adviser background or you may come from a property related background.
As a Mortgage Advisor, you will advise your customers on what amounts they can afford to borrow in order to achieve a mortgage for a property that they are wishing to buy. You will need to be very thorough and provide detailed financial information to your customers and be able to explain this in terms that they understand.
If you are in the process of applying for a job, please see the below CV example which you can use as a guide:
Mortgage Advisor CV Example
Having a solid track record in providing customer services on a face to face basis I am now seeking to continue my career in the financial industry.
I have excellent communication skills which have been gained by a number of years of experience in dealing with customers in my roles. I am a very enthusiastic team member who likes to be kept busy and ensure that I always meet my targets.
I am an outgoing, self motivated individual who is very organized and keen to continue learning to improve my career. I am happy to do whatever training that I need to in order to be successful within my roles.
Date to Date or To Date – Mortgage Adviser – Where?
In my role as Mortgage Adviser, I provide advice to customers on types of mortgages and packages. My responsibilities include:
- Appointments with customers looking for a mortgage
- Reviewing of existing customers and their mortgages
- Calling customers who have expressed an interest in a mortgage and following up
- Completing mortgage applications and helping customers complete them
- Doing credit checks
- Talking over any financial problems with customers if they are unable to get a mortgage
- Completing relevant paperwork
- Providing advice to customers
- Organizing for relevant departments to assess properties in line with the mortgage applications
- Discussing new products with existing customers at the end of their cut off period
- Meeting and exceeding my targets.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel??? Anything relevant, industry specific packages?
Any financial training, customer service training or anything directly related to the role.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.