If you are looking for an HR Consultant role then you will need to be experienced in HR and be able to provide advice to companies. You may work for yourself as an HR Consultant or work for a bigger company that sends HR consultants into other companies to provide a full HR service. This is used for smaller companies who do not need a full time dedicated HR person within their business.
You will need to be a confident communicator with the ability to travel to different sites, hold meetings and resolve any problems, you will need to be good at building up relationships also.
If you have found a role in which you want to apply for, please see the below CV example which you can use as a guide:
HR Consultant CV Example
I am a self motivated individual who has a confident approach to people. I communicate well with all levels of personnel and feel that I have a good listening ability which allows me to resolve problems quickly.
I am enthusiastic about my role and enjoy working in HR, I like the fast paced environment which is always changing and I like to adapt to these changes quickly allowing others to also adapt quickly.
I am organized by nature and like to ensure that I am up to date with my work. I enjoy new challenges and I am always keen to learn new skills.
Date to Date or To Date – HR Consultant – Where?
In my role as HR Consultant, I visit clients and provide HR advice and help resolve issues. My responsibilities include:
- Provide employment law advice
- Help with writing and issuing contracts of employment and employee handbooks
- Advise on maternity/paternity rights
- Help with payroll and holidays, sickness etc
- Building up relationships with new and existing clients
- Training new staff when coming into a business and Managers to deal with their staff with regards to personnel
- Conduct disciplinary hearings or appeals as an intermediary person
- Devise staff benefits and incentives
- Learning and Development opportunities for companies and their staff.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel??? Any specific HR databases or record keeping software? CIPD qualification or working towards?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.
- Get a Better Idea of Why an Employee Takes Sick Days at Work in the UK - June 7, 2023
- HR Consultant CV Example - March 13, 2014
- Case Worker CV Example - March 13, 2014