If you are looking to apply for a role as a Support Worker, and need to first update your CV then you will be aware that previous experience in this area is usually required. You will need to be able to demonstrate that you have done some form of voluntary work and work with vulnerable people or people who simply need help.
You will need a caring but firm nature and you will need to be very confident in your manner. This is a demanding role that requires a great deal of stamina and energy and you will need to be enthusiastic and dedicated to your role.
Please see below an example of a Support Worker CV:
Support Worker CV
I am a very kind natured person who has a firm but patient manner. I am able to communicate with all kinds of different people, from all walks of life and I enjoy the different people that I meet.
I enjoy working as a Support Worker and like to work in this challenging environment where every day is different. I deal well with change and think it does most people good to not get stuck in their ways.
I am conscientious and organized in my work, I like to follow procedures and processes where ever possible and like to ensure that the people I work with also follow this. I am self motivated and dedicated to my work and want to continue in my career choice for a very long time to come.
Date to Date or To Date – Support Worker – Where?
In my role of Support Worker, I am responsible for taking care of some of my patients and helping them with some of the tasks that they are unable to do alone. My responsibilities include:
- Providing support to my patients/clients and helping them in every day duties
- Providing stimulation in activities to keep patients motivated
- Taking patients out to different places
- Dealing with relatives and helping them to understand what they can do, how they can help etc
- Helping with learning and development
- Helping with housing, bills and other personal issues as required
- Teaching basic duties to patients of how to look after themselves varying on different people and problems
- Following health and safety and procedures very carefully each day.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel??? Anything relevant, industry specific packages?
Any Customer Service training or direct industry related training?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.