If you have found a role of a Travel Agent that you are interested in applying for then you will have a keen interest in Travel and enjoy planning holidays and business trips and searching for the best deals.
You will need to be very organised, have excellent communication skills and customer service skills for dealing with customers and have a good knowledge of geography for the different countries and currency that you will be dealing with.
If you are keen to update your CV before applying for a new job, please see the below CV which you can use as a guide.
Travel Agent CV Example
I am an organized and thorough individual who enjoys researching and looking into travel and different countries. I have been fortunate enough to travel a fair amount myself and have a real interest in foreign countries so enjoy looking into new places.
I have a solid background in customer service and feel that I have excellent communication skills. I pay great attention to detail and like to provide good advice to my customers through listening and paying attention to their requests.
I have got good computer skills and have used a number of in house systems and feel that I can pick up new systems quickly. I am keen to continue my career in the travel industry and also eager to do any relevant qualifications that I need to improve my skills and experiences.
Date to Date or To Date – Travel Agent – Where?
In my role as a Travel Agent, I provide good customer service to my customers and help them with their travel requirements for business of leisure in the UK and abroad. My responsibilities include:
- Discussing holiday options with clients to find the holiday that they are looking for
- Helping customers to find a once in a lifetime experience
- Helping business customers with travel
- Helping large groups of people find suitable travel arrangements
- Researching and looking at different holiday options and packages
- Updating the database with customers requirements and information
- Taking deposits and payments for holidays
- Completing relevant forms and organizing visa paperwork
- Checking flight information and ticket information for customers
- Foreign Currency
School, College, University – any qualification details and where.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel??? – Think about the records you will be keeping and how this will be done, using a computer and/or manually.
Any travel courses or hospitality?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.