If you are interested in working as a Hotel Receptionist then you come from a strong reception and administrative background and ideally have some experience of the hotel and hospitality industry.
A hotel receptionist wears many hats from dealing with guests coming to stay at the hotel, checking them in, dealing with any queries they may have during the time of their stay and also dealing with telephone queries and bookings. You will need to be a professional person with a mature attitude and depending on the hotel you could be required to work a shift system including nights.
This role will require you to be very thorough and to be patient with excellent customer service skills. If you have found a role in which you want to apply for, please see the below example which you can use as a guide.
Related: Hotel receptionist Cover Letter
Hotel Receptionist CV Example
I am an efficient and organized person who is able to multi task and deal with many different tasks at once. I have a strong background in customer services and reception and I enjoy helping people and giving them support.
My communication skills are very good and I have always had dealings with all levels of people which does not phase me. I work well under pressure and to tight deadlines. I have a cheerful and optimistic outlook to my work and enjoy working as part of a team as well as on my own initiative.
I have a strong work ethic and desire to succeed. I like to keep learning new skills which will benefit my company and enable me to do more in my role. I am happy to try any new tasks and be of help in whichever way I can.
Date to Date or To Date – Hotel Receptionist – Where?
In my role as a Hotel Receptionist, I provide support to the hotel guests, take bookings, and give directions and help. My responsibilities include:
- Take bookings and maintain the reservations calendar
- Prepare other departments for new guests arrivals
- Check out and invoices, payments and bills
- Car parking arrangements
- Taking calls coming into the hotel
- Working with colleagues to ensure that the guest areas are clean and tidy and as we want following our hotel standards
- Ordering of newspapers, stationery etc
- Liaising with the kitchen staff for catering requirements and room service.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel??? Anything relevant, industry specific packages?
Any specific hotel industry packages – reservations, booking systems etc.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work? – This gives the employer a feel for you as a person although this is not essential.
Available on request.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- Primary Teacher CV Example - April 19, 2023
- A Helpful Tutorial On Creating The Ideal Journalism Cv - January 11, 2023
- Creative Resume Template & Enduring Tips - October 28, 2022