As an IT Consultant, you will provide advice on IT processes and equipment that a business should be using. You will need to be up to date with the latest technology and programs and have good working knowledge of these to be able to provide advice.
To do this role you will need good communication skills as you will be speaking to clients a lot of the time, you will also operate as an IT expert for the business you work for.
Related: IT Consultant Cover Letter
If you are looking on how to update your CV for this role, please see the below example:
IT Consultant CV Example
I have been an IT Consultant for (how many years) or I am degree education with a (what degree) and enjoy working in the ever changing world of IT.
I have excellent communication skills and have had the experience of visiting different client sites, assessing their needs and showing them what I can offer them to improve their business outlook.
I enjoy bringing the latest technology into businesses and watching their company transform with things being so much easier than they were before. This is one of my challenges within work that I thrive on.
I look into and research all the latest tools and information and enjoy doing this.
Date to Date or To Date – IT Consultant – Where?
In my role as IT Consultant, it is my duty to provide advice on the latest products, equipment and way of working within the IT industry. My responsibilities include:
- Provide advice on how businesses can reach their objectives or overcome any problem with different ways to clients and people internally
- Research and test new equipment and systems before explaining to others
- Making appointments with clients and presenting a best plan for their future business
- Keeping up to date with new technology and how it all works
- Provide training on equipment and systems once a client takes it on board
- Working on many different projects at any one time and running these from start to finish
- Planning projects from beginning to end with a timescale agreed by the client
- Presenting findings in the form of a report for the client
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel, Adobe Photoshop – any specific IT programs that might be relevant?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.