This is an example of a high quality science CV for graduates. All the course modules are included, also laboratory experience gained on your degree course and course projects. If you were applying for jobs outside science (e.g. banking) you would probably omit most of your modules (except those including mathematical or computing skills) and laboratory experience.
Pharmacy Pre-Registration CV Example
Your Name Here
16 Manor Rd, Chatham, Kent, ME2 99ZZ
Telephone Number: Your Number
Mobile Number: Your Number
Email Address: Your Email Full Clean Current Driving Licence
I am seeking to gain a position in a hospital pharmacy. My skillset includes problem solving, time management, decision making, communication and organisational skills. I thrive on challenge and am flexible, adaptable and willing to learn. In addition, the commitment, enthusiasm and determination to succeed that I bring to every task ensure that I am an asset in the workplace.
Education and Qualifications
2012 – July 2014: Medway School of Pharmacy
MPharm (Expected 2:1)
- Medicinal Products
- Advance Science Electives
- The Patient, Disease & Drug Action
- Advanced Therapeutics
- Practitioner & Patient
Research Project: The Effects of Insulin in the Treatment of Late Onset Diabetes (65%)
2011-2013: MidKent College, Chatham
2009 – 2011: St John Fisher School, Chatham
9 GCSEs (A-C grades) including Maths & English
- Computing: I am proficient in using MS Word, including PowerPoint. I also have basic competence in Excel
- Languages: I speak Punjabi and Bengali fluently and have good conversational French.
July 2019 – Sept. 2021: Pharmacy Dept, Darent Valley Hospital
Able to put skills learnt on the degree course into practice through assisting in the dispensing of drugs. Responsible for the collection of prescriptions from wards, checking the requirements and accompanying the pharmacist on the delivery round. Developed the accuracy skills and attention to detail required as well as excellence in customer service, confidentiality and clarity in explanation.
July 2018 – Sept 2019: Delmergate, Gravesend
Assisted the pharmacist and dispensing staff in a community based pharmacy. Carried out stock inventory, placed orders by phone, checked and shelved new stock deliveries. Assisted customers with medical purchases, advice on product selection and minor ailments. Developed good communication and interpersonal skills.
July 2016 -Sept. 2017: Healthcare Counter, Boots, Chatham
Retail assistant selling healthcare products, basic medicines and other goods. Responsible for stock monitoring and replenishment. Keeping area tidy in line with Health & Safety requirements. Developed an understanding of customers’ health related needs, the importance of listening and the limitations of giving advice. Developed persuasion, negotiation and selling techniques.
2014-2016: McDonalds Crew Member, Medway Valley Park
Worked in kitchen and on counter. Developed skills in dealing with customers, handling difficult customers and complaints. Awareness of Health & Safety, Food Hygiene and Risk legislation and standards.
- Student member of the RPSGB and MSOP Student Committee
- Volunteer with MENCAP and attend a weekly club for young people with mental health and learning disabilities. I am on the organising committee for the weekly activities and summer outings.
- Reading, both scientific journals in connection with my course and for pleasure, is my passion. I also enjoy keeping fit through salsa dancing, swimming and a weekly trip to the gym.
- I hold a full, clean driving licence.
Available on request