Nurse Manager: The main role of a nurse manager is to oversee the ward, the unit and ensure the nurses take care of a number of patients. Nurses play an essential role in the health care system in the UK and act as an important liaison between the doctors and physicians and the patient. Nurses can work in a variety of places, hospitals, doctor surgeries, private clinics or residential homes, health care clinics or prisons.
Areas of specialism: Adult, Children, Learning Disability and Mental Health. Other departments: A & E, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Outpatients, Neonatal Nursing and Theatre Work.
Nurse Manager CV Example
Mobile / Email
A highly competent and compassionate trained and experienced Nurse Manager who takes pride overseeing the efficient running of the Ward. Excellent people management skills, with experience in training and developing junior nurses and staff nurses. Proficiency at budgeting and managing stock and equipment.
Company Name: Date to Date (or To Date) Nurse Manager
Responsible for the smooth, effective and efficient running of a hospital ward and accountable for the provision of patient care and support from admission to discharge.
- Organising and planning workloads across the Ward and / or hospital unit
- Responsible for overseeing the assessment and planning of nurse care provision and patient requirements
- Accountable for the budgeting of the ward or unit
- Responsible for stock control and re-ordering medication, supplies and equipment
- Ensuring the provision of care pre and post-operation is to the highest standards
- Developing strategies and programmes to deliver the highest level of care to the patients
- Monitoring and administering medication and intravenous infusions
- Taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
- Ensuring all records and reports are accurate, correct and confidential
- Supervising, training, mentoring, and developing trainee nurses and other staff members
School Name: GCSEs Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry & Physics.
College Name: Nursing Qualification / Diploma
University Name: Nursing Degree – An RGN /RMN qualification
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
Highly planning and organised, Able to work under extreme pressure, Ability to cope with high workloads and potentially long working hours, Excellent Stress Management skills, Excellent Communication skills, Caring and Compassionate, Attention to Detail and Meticulous.
Hobbies & Interests
Consider hobbies and interests aligned with your values – charity work, helping the community, providing advice and guidance on promoting good health and preventative measures, keeping fit and active, walking, hiking etc.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you! Let us improve this post! Tell us how we can improve this post?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?