Retail Merchandiser: Merchandisers have a critical role to play within retail and their success is measured and dependent on how effective they are at selecting the right product lines, product ranges, the correct quantities, timely promotions and discounts, store displays and setting the right prices with an objective to maximise profitability. They need to work very closely with the buyers to predict and forecast the next trend and then plan stock accordingly and monitor sales performance thereafter.
Merchandiser CV Example
Mobile / Email
An enthusiastic and dynamic Retail Merchandiser with 8 years of experience working for a high street department store with a strong brand, market share and reputation. Has demonstrated excellent relationship building skills, working very successfully with the buyers to maximise profitability. Confident interpreting complex consumer behaviour and patterns in order to predict future trends to make sound commercial decisions.
Company Name: XXX Date to Date (or To Date) Retail Merchandiser
Responsible for the merchandising of designated product lines and ranges working in collaboration with the buying team to ascertain trends and prices. Accountable for maximising the profitability of the stores retail ranges and products and a key decision maker for promotions, store displays, discounts and sales.
- Working in collaboration with the buying teams and distributors, analysts, store suppliers
- Planning product lines, ranges, displays, promotions and sales
- Determining the right quantities and prices for all product lines and ranges
- Working closely with the display teams and department heads to maximise retail sales
- Responsible for setting prices in the store to maximise revenue and profitability
- Design and plan store layouts and displays to maximise retail sales
- Producing sales and stock plans, sales, forecasts and figures for new ranges
- Accountable for controlling stock levels and ranges
School Name: GCSEs or equivalent, Maths, English Literature & Language, Drama, Sociology, Biology, History
College Name: Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations.
University Name: BA (Hons) Fashion Visual Merchandising and Branding & Member of The Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply
Level 2 & Level 3 NVQ – Certificate/Diploma in Fashion Retail
Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Retail Operations
Ability to Build Strong Relationships with Stakeholders (buyers, display teams, stock controllers, distributors, suppliers etc)
Excellent Analytical Skills & Proficient MS Office & Intermediate Statistical Programming Systems
Good understanding of consumer behaviours and buying habits and trends – (forecasting skills)
Excellent Communication Skills