If you are looking to work as a Housing Officer then you will usually have some previous experience within the local government or housing association.
As a housing officer you will help to house people on the waiting list or needing accommodation as a matter or emergency. You will have to make difficult decisions about who is entitled to housing and work out how much they will receive in benefits and ensure that this is paid for.
If you have found a role in which you want to apply for, please see the below example CV.
Related: Housing Officer Cover Letter
Housing Officer CV Example
I have a good background in customer services and feel that this helps with my communication skills and being able to communicate with all different types of people from all walks of life.
I enjoy working in a local government environment and making decisions based on formal procedures. I always work to a confidential manner and like to ensure that I have listened carefully to people’s requirements and needs and assessed very thoroughly.
I am very organized, computer literate and I pick up new systems quickly. I work well as part of a team environment but also work well on my own initiative. I am confident and enthusiastic towards my work and enjoy the career path that I have chosen. I am keen to learn anything I need to improve my skills.
Date to Date or To Date – Housing Officer – Where?
In my role as Housing Officer I provide help and advice to people with regards to suitable housing and accommodation requirements. My responsibilities include:
- Meeting people to discuss and assess their housing requirements
- Arranging housing reviews
- Going to see potential new properties and assess their level
- Visiting premises once tenants move out and assessing damage and redecoration needs
- Working out benefit and housing payments and ensuring housing is paid for
- Providing advice on council tax and other benefits
- Processing payments
- Updating records
- Interviewing and assessing people
- Providing training to new staff on company procedures and acting as a shadow whilst in training
- Providing customer service and giving advice on general queries.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel??? Any other in house related systems or packages?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- The Compassionate Leave UK: Statutory Entitlement on Dependent’s Death - May 25, 2023
- Office Supervisor Cover Letter Example - April 13, 2023
- Executive Assistant Cover Letter Example - April 13, 2023