As a food service assistant you will have an idea about food and working in a kitchen preparation area and serving food to people. This could be in a school, a hospital or even a large cafe setting.
You will need to have excellent communication skills and to be able to understand and take basic instructions from others. You will need to work as a team and ensure that everyone does their area to make the whole system work.
Related: Food Service Assistant Cover Letter
If you are looking to update your CV before applying for a role, please see the below example:
Food Service Assistant Resume Example
I am a hardworking individual who likes to work in hands on roles. I have always had a passion for food and working in a kitchen environment and feel that it is an important role.
I have experience of basic hygiene and health and safety and apply this within my role.
I like to work with different products and ideas and can help with new meal ideas and combinations.
I am very organized, tidy and efficient and always careful to watch for any spillages and ensure they are cleaned safely and quickly.
I communicate well with others and feel able to explain details to other staff in the kitchen.
Date to Date or To Date – Food Service Assistant – Where?
In my role as Food Service Assistant, I support the kitchen staff in preparation and serving food. My responsibilities include:
- Preparing ingredients as per the menu plan
- Cleaning preparation areas and keeping the work spaces clean and hygienic at all times
- Arranging the food for serving at serving time in the order as detailed on the plan
- Serving and replenishing food as it is taken
- Tidying up any spillages during this time to keep the work area clean
- Clearing and dealing with any leftover food after service
- Washing and tidying the areas and leaving the work areas clean ready for the next day’s service.
- Ensuring that we have enough food stocks in supply and cleaning supplies etc
- Signing in and out of products and updating the records accordingly.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Any relevant food or kitchen qualifications or training?
Any health and safety training or more specific?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.