As a food service assistant you will have an idea about food and working in a kitchen preparation area and serving food to people. This could be in a school, a hospital or even a large cafe setting.
You will need to have excellent communication skills and to be able to understand and take basic instructions from others. You will need to work as a team and ensure that everyone does their area to make the whole system work.
Related: Food Service Assistant Cover Letter
If you are looking to update your CV before applying for a role, please see the below example:
Food Service Assistant Resume Example
I am a hardworking individual who likes to work in hands on roles. I have always had a passion for food and working in a kitchen environment and feel that it is an important role.
I have experience of basic hygiene and health and safety and apply this within my role.
I like to work with different products and ideas and can help with new meal ideas and combinations.
I am very organized, tidy and efficient and always careful to watch for any spillages and ensure they are cleaned safely and quickly.
I communicate well with others and feel able to explain details to other staff in the kitchen.
Date to Date or To Date – Food Service Assistant – Where?
In my role as Food Service Assistant, I support the kitchen staff in preparation and serving food. My responsibilities include:
- Preparing ingredients as per the menu plan
- Cleaning preparation areas and keeping the work spaces clean and hygienic at all times
- Arranging the food for serving at serving time in the order as detailed on the plan
- Serving and replenishing food as it is taken
- Tidying up any spillages during this time to keep the work area clean
- Clearing and dealing with any leftover food after service
- Washing and tidying the areas and leaving the work areas clean ready for the next day’s service.
- Ensuring that we have enough food stocks in supply and cleaning supplies etc
- Signing in and out of products and updating the records accordingly.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Any relevant food or kitchen qualifications or training?
Any health and safety training or more specific?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?