A financial advisor helps their clients to make decisions about financial products and services. You will need to be able to explain financial products to clients with no financial knowledge. These products could be mortgages, pensions or insurance. To do this role you will need excellent IT and Maths skills and enjoy working with financial information. If you are looking to update your CV and want an example please see below:
CV Example: Financial Advisor
I am a hardworking, trustworthy individual who has a passion for figures and financial information and enjoys a career in the world of finance.
Having spent many months/years as a Financial Advisor I am looking to continue my career in this area and like to keep up to date with new products and give my clients the best deals possible. I have excellent IT skills and Maths skills and have always enjoyed facts and figures.
I am very organized and thorough and have excellent communication skills having had a great deal of experience with a variety of different people. I find the world of finance very challenging and always strive to break my targets set each month.
Date to Date or To Date – Financial Advisor – Where?
In my role as a Financial Advisor, I provide my clients with financial information such as products and services. My responsibilities include:
- Arranging client meetings and participating in these meetings
- Discussing with clients about their current finances and future plans
- Researching financial products and finding the best products for my clients
- Explaining details of products and services so that clients can make informed choices which are correct for them
- Sales and Performance targets to be met as part of my role
- Negotiating with financial providers on various products
- Ensuring that records kept are detailed and accurate
- Talking to clients and dealing with queries
- Producing financial reports for my Managers and the team as necessary
- Regular contact with my clients on their investments, products etc
- Keeping up to date with new products and changes in the law
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel???
Any other training courses or relevant qualifications to a job that you are looking for?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.