If you enjoy driving and are looking for a driving role then usually you will have had some form of previous driving experience. You could be a driver of a lorry, a fork lift truck driver, a limousine driver, a taxi driver, private hire driver, bus driver etc.
Depending on what kind of driver you are will depend on what type of licence you hold such as a Driver driving a 7.5 tonne lorry will require a special licence and a bus driver too with carrying passengers.
You will need to be able to pay great attention to detail and to be able to concentrate maybe for long periods of time depending on the journeys. You will need to have a good sense of geography and be able to map read.
Related: Driver Cover Letters
Driver CV Examples
I am a very practical person who enjoys working in a hands on capacity. I have done driving work for many years and I enjoy meeting different people, seeing different places in a work capacity.
I have got excellent communication skills and a good sense of my local area. I travel quite frequently and feel to have a good sense of direction and be able to find my way to places quite easily with and without a map.
I can plan my time well and always ensure that I allow for traffic and road works when I am planning my routes. I am self motivated and enthusiastic in my work and enjoy working hard.
Date to Date or To Date – Driver – Where?
In my role as Driver I take business clients to and from the airport, to restaurants and meetings as required. My responsibilities include:
- Organizing my schedule for driving
- Communicating well with clients
- Collecting clients from airports, meeting establishments, restaurants etc
- Planning routes, researching traffic and road works to ensure less delay
- Liaising with my colleagues as to their routes, journeys, plans etc
- Checking over my vehicle and ensuring that it is clean inside and out
- Taking bookings for new pick ups
- Dealing with any payments and noting hours, journeys etc for invoicing purposes to clients.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel??? Anything relevant, industry specific packages?
Any specific licence details, carrying passengers etc.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.