If you are looking to be a Care Assistant then you will usually have some previous experience or may have done an NVQ qualification in Care.
Care Assistants work in nursing homes and residential or day centre’s for people with learning difficulties and support these people in whatever way they need. You will need to be physically fit and strong and be able to deal with some difficult situations. You also need to figure out some good support worker CV examples to help you stand out in the competition, which you’ll get here.
If you have found a job in which you want to apply for, please see the below CV:
Related: Care Assistant CV Example
Care Assistant CV Example
I am a hard working person who enjoys being able to help other people where ever I can. I am physically and mentally fit and see working with people needing help as a challenge. I feel that you need to help when people are unable to help themselves.
I have a kind and caring nature and like to go out of my way to help someone. I am organized and thorough and can handle many different roles at any one time.
I am an excellent communicator and enjoy spending time talking to patients and they relations in the home making them feel welcome and enjoy their time with us.
Date to Date or To Date – Care Assistant – Where?
In my role as Care Assistant, I provide support and care to the elderly in the residential home. My responsibilities include:
- Getting patients up in a morning, helping them to get dressed and go to breakfast
- Ensuring patients are taken to their activities or medical/physio appointments
- Preparing lunches and ensuring patients get to the dining room ok
- Keeping the home clean and tidy
- Providing entertainment for the patients
- Dealing with relatives and visitors to the home
- Cleaning and tidying patient areas and bedrooms, changing beds, towels and doing washing etc
- Helping patients to have a wash, bath or shower
- Room rounds with medication that the patients need daily
- Ensuring patients attend tea/supper
- Helping patients to get to bed
- Checking on patients during the night if working on a night shift. You must be very careful about the elders when you are into the care assistant. It is where a care assistant cover letter plays a vital role when you apply for such jobs.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel??? Anything relevant, industry specific packages?
Any Care qualifications such a NVQ or anything specifically related to the role?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.
I have provided you with a comprehensive Care Assistant CV example that you can use as a starting point for your own. Remember to tailor your CV to the specific job you are applying for and to highlight your most relevant skills and experience. Good luck with your job search! In need of a Support Worker job? Write a top-notch Support Worker Cover Letter along with your CV and get hired asap!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?