If you are looking for roles as an Accounts Clerk then you will usually come from an administrative background combined with some element of finance.
You will need to be very organised with a logical mind and be accurate at working numbers out and be able to explain these to other people with sometimes less knowledge in terms of finance.
You will need excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative; you will need to be able to concentrate for periods of time to ensure that you achieve accuracy in your work.
Related: Accounts Clerk Cover Letter
Accounts Clerk CV Example
I am a logical thinker with a passion for numbers and get a thrill out of making sure that the numbers balance. Because of my nature I am also very methodical in my approach to work and therefore like to ensure that I pay great attention to detail.
I like to work on a number of different projects at one time and I enjoy communicating with different people. I enjoy keeping busy and will often seek out more work when I have finished what I am working on.
I am a team player but can work well on my own initiative. I am organised and thorough and motivated to work hard and succeed. I am interested in doing some finance courses to ensure that I am as experienced as I can be for my employer.
Date to Date or To Date – Accounts Clerk – Where?
In my role of Accounts Clerk I deal with queries related to invoices and payroll and ensure that invoices are sent out on time and paid on time. My day to day responsibilities include:
- Sending invoices out each month and chasing up payments
- Collating staff overtime, holidays, sickness records for payroll
- Processing payroll and printing pay slips
- Dealing with general queries and responding accordingly
- Keeping accurate records from the business and staff perspective
- Training new staff in company processes eg: managers needing payroll advice etc
- Balancing the accounts and ensuring that no short falls including petty cash records
- Issuing credit notes as applicable
- Collating staff purchases and ensuring they are deducted from payroll.
School, College, University – any qualification details and where.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel, Outlook or SAGE or any other accounting packages.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request.